RCU Forums - View Single Post - control question
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 10:58 AM
pnmrr

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: control question

Jaka

Thanks for the quick response.

No, I do not hear flutter at all. I have had a flutter problem before (on a different airplane) and know the sound well. When it starts to ocilliate, it is very large up and down movements, like four or five foot up and down pitch movements, very un-nerving.

I am using Hitec servos, HS-322HD, I have used this type of servo in many different models and have had no issues with it before. There is no real unusual play in the elevator, no more than the rudder or my other airplanes.

BTW, the pic of your quickie pretty much sums up what my plane looks like, add a tuned pipe on top and that is it.

Also noted the pic of your elevator linkage. I am building a similar setup in another airplane that I am covering right now. This airplane was also from that same hobbystore. It is called a Rainbow Runner, and I would swear that the Ultra Sport was a direct copy of this airplane, just changed the shape of the tial a little bit. Anyway, It is being built for the sole purpose of being a speed plane and I was looking for ways to keep the drag down. Linkage buried in the fuse. No gear except for a single mono wheel in the belly, like a sailplane, fully sheeted the wings and a Jett 50, it should scream. I just dont want any issues like I am having with the Quicky Sport.

Paul