RCU Forums - View Single Post - metal in oil
Thread: metal in oil
View Single Post
Old 04-10-2006, 11:11 PM
willflyforfood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default metal in oil

Hey guys, I just had a couple of quick questions. Had a great day of flying today, but I noticed when cleaning my plane that the castor residue had a lot of metal particles in it. Plane was running great, like a spotted ape. The more I flew the faster it got. It's a super tigre gs .40, that has about 20 flights on it, broke the engine in with a 12x6 cut down to 5.5x6 at 16,500 real rich on a stand, flew the first 10 or so flights slightly rich slowly leaning. The last 6 or 7 flights I have had a 9x7 apc on it, running really well, but not too lean. Today I got my 9x6.5 apc pylon prop on it, tuned it up and let her go, and like I said the more I flew the faster it got, all along with a nice smoke trail, but there was metal in the oil. Could this just be from the engine (obviously) still breaking in and having more load on the plane due to hard flying? Never had one do this before just curious if anyone else has seen it. I know they do it at first but it had already stopped until today. Question 2: when coming out of the turns, my plane dips down real bad, not abnormaly just like any other would. This obviously requires compensation and drag to correct. I was thinking that I should dial in some right rudder trim, to help it like a knife edge, as to not have such a drastic downward angle out of the tight turns. What do you think, any advice? trying to get my laps as smooth as possible.