RCU Forums - View Single Post - Quique Somenzini YAK-54S 73"
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 11:50 AM
bfreee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Quique Somenzini YAK-54S 73"

Sorry to hear about your yak 72. I'm a die hard electric guy who decided to give Saitos a try in a H9 funtana 90. I wanted to convert it, but batteries stopped me at the time even though I've always thought that the batteries would be cheaper in the long run. I'm interested in what you did with your 72. what prop were you using & did you have clearance problems with the prop? I'm thinking of using one of the new A60's I saw this other thread where a guy bought one at toledo & the hacker guys told him that the A60L (cannot remember the wind, but I think it was the mid one & he said Hacker told him that the motor would throw around a 17-18 pound plane, I've always liked the instant excel of e-planes. any thoughts on this? Has anyone ever considered or used the flat twin 182 from saito in a plane the size of th 73? I one like to use one if I hear good feed on it. I would think that it would be alot smoother that the 180 saito. Also has anyone though of using the new zenoah 26 gasser from horizon? It is in the size range for the yak & it is supposed to fit in a 60 size plane

Thanks in advance, Bruce Freeman. Also thanks Maud for reply earlier.