RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pit stop servo change- Matchmaker
View Single Post
Old 04-11-2006, 10:04 PM
Don Szczur
My Feedback: (1)

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts
Default RE: Pit stop servo change- Matchmaker

This device does not program the servos It (1) moves the servos similar to the servo test function (slowly cycles the servo from one extreme to the other) (2) lets you move the servo (same function as at transmitter stick) by using the small dial . I use this to keep the surface at center when setting up the linkage. and (3) tests sevo extremes. You know how hard it is to set up a linkage conventionally- reaching under the wing to make adjustments. You can do this conveniently. It nice because you don't have to dig out an rx, plug it in, and then find the transmitter to do all this. Its very compact. If someone is taking their wing out of their car, you can walk up, plug in the aileron and see how good the servo centering is, or check for a dirty pot, loose gear, etc. It's really handy. Here is another application. I was at the field tonight and a guy had an Alpha trainer. He tried to use a futaba servo arm (he 'made' it fit). Well, someone else had the frequency pin, so the matchmaker (it will be in the box from now on) would have been perfect to set up his aileron and be ready to fly. I would just be able to plug it in to find servo center (like one would do if turning on the tx to find out where the center is on the servo) hookup the JR servo arm I had spare in my flight box, tighen the servo screw and he would have his wing back on and ready to fire up once he got the frequency pin.

With respect to getting one, you should be able to purchase them at your local hobby shop,or at www.horizonhobby.com