RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 build
View Single Post
Old 04-12-2006, 09:28 AM
tuwood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 build

ORIGINAL: A.Thinn

I'm glad you got the excellent service from Futaba! It was really sad to hear about your crash...

On the control horn question; I've seen linkage that hangs over the back on F3A biplanes. (The ZN Line Suxess prototype had that solution, but is now made with 4 wing servos).
It will be a more correct way of doing the linkage. Cut out a lug of carbon/fiberglass and glue it into the control horn. I would position the lugs at the same span as the wing supports. Also, you can get airfoiled rods, but I don't think you'll notice any performance differences from plane carbon rods.... Use ball-links to connect the rods to the lugs on the ailerons.

Another thing...
The forward lower wing support (Plywood crossbar) should be fuel proofed! Mine wasn't, and after apprx.300 flights, this resulted in a "wings off" manouvre that destroyed the plane!

I'm looking forward to seeing the progress on your new Ultimate! Good luck!
Thanks for the tips. That's very similar to what I was going to try on the Aileron's; I was planning to epoxy a thick piece of CF into a groove on the back of the aileron & clamp a control horn type plate across the top and bottom for strength. I drew up a diagram showing what I'm thinking.

I noticed a lot of oil getting into the front of the wing area & on top of my LG. I plan to do some modifications around there to help deflect the exhaust below the LG mount & wing mount. I will surely fuelproof that area on the next one as well.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ax73243.jpg
Views:	30
Size:	18.8 KB
ID:	443977