RCU Forums - View Single Post - Other Makes....Compatible Parts
View Single Post
Old 04-14-2006, 10:57 PM
DiTi

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Other Makes....Compatible Parts

hi,
YeahRacing and GPM Racing both make aloy parts for the HPI MT2. The doormounts and the front knuckles work pretty well. You should try them too so you can see for your self that minor modifications should be made (some spacers and some new screws). Unfortunatelly the rear holders demand more work. First of all, the place on the a arm is too narrow for the holder to be installed. Second, new ball bearings are required and third the stock axles are too long...Overall, the rear knuckles are too much money too spend and the upgrade is not that simple as the front one...
I have also mounted a Hot Bodies aluminium shock set for the T-Maxx on my Volcano with some minor mods too. Instead of the ball that holds the stock shocks, I used a normal screw. You can see pix of my volcano tomorow on Chubbysdad's thread for redcat pictures. Besides the looks, It has added some more clearance on the truck, better absorbment of "jumps"; I can't tell if there is a big diference in handling.
I also have a TigerDrive but I missed the pull start...less to carry around and now that the truck is all nice and tuned it starts right away... (i dont even need the tiger.
Last but not to be underestimated (...i guess), a simple fuel filter.
thats it, there you have it
my contribution of my 1 month experience in the world or nitro rc