RCU Forums - View Single Post - What The.... Noooooooo!
View Single Post
Old 04-18-2006, 03:25 AM
targit

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: What The.... Noooooooo!

Hi,
@will yeah, id did seem to d/l the whole file to play it, and its windows media player that does it, I have the xvid codec installed on all my pc's (the one I uploaded is running win2kpro - 64bitAMD media crunching machine and this little laptop is running xp-home)
so shouldn't be anything special, its 23MB, it just fitted nicely at full quality and tbh you would struggle to see what was going on if i compressed it, i had the camera sitting on a chair and the lense zoomed right out, was pure "luck" that it happened in shot at all, i included the brief flight defore the "In Flight System Failure" just to show I wasn't doing anything strange or stressfull to provoke it.

I am also begining to conclude a microcontroller type problem, I've been programming PICs for a little while now and its kind of familliar the way it just stops. I'm gonna connect up my oscilloscope tonight and take a look at the 5volt rail, the same supply feeds the camera as the microcontroller, and the cmos camera doesn't like running off the onboard power at all, soon as the motors start running the signal goes to crap, but its fine when i add a seperate battery , so I suspect a power filter problem.

Koop, my sympathies. If the IFSF (makes it sound like I know what I'm talking about) that I caught on video had happened when I was going higher or faster I could be looking at a wreck like yours. I got off light, hope it's not too expensive!

not gonna fly mine again untill I find some answer to this.