RCU Forums - View Single Post - OFFICAL PEDE THREAD
View Single Post
Old 04-20-2006, 01:05 AM
f150dan
My Feedback: (18)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: OFFICAL PEDE THREAD

To lower body post on a Stampede. (Remember, be careful with this and do some measuring to keep your body level on the truck. Also, I have pictured a stock rear body post in a few pics, but I don't have a stock front body post so the one in the pics has already been lowered.)

First, we will start off with the rear body post. You can do this 2 different ways or both ways combined (what I did).

1. You can pull out the 4 screws that hold the rear body post to the shock tower, and reinstall 2 screws only. You put the screws in the top holes of the body mount, and thread them into the lower hole's in the shock tower. (These are pics of what it should look like after you do this)

2. If that is not low enough for you, you can cut the body post off of the body mount. Make sure to make a good flush cut.
Stock rear body mount

Here is where to cut the body post at

After you cut the body post off the body mount even and flush, cut the bottom of the body post off however much you want to shorten it. Then set it in place on the body mount and drill a small hole through both of them. (make the hole slightly smaller then the screws you plan to use so they can thread together.
Drill hole here

Then install and tighten down the screw here

Here is what it should look like when you are finished

Then for the front body mount, You cut the body post off flush with the body mount the same way as you do the rear.

Then cut off the bottom of the body post to whatever length you want. The more you cut off, the lower your body will be.

Then place the body post back on the body mount and drill a small hole through both of them the same way you did the rear.

Here is what it should look like when you are finished

If you just want to lower the body about 1/2 (0.5) inches, the just move the rear body post down to the lower holes in the shock tower like I explained earlier, and cut about 1/2 inch off the front body post. Then drill and reinstall them. I wanted to go lower them that, so I cut about 3/4 inch off the front body post. The mounting trick will give you about 1/2 inch in the rear, so I only cut 1/4 inch off the rear body post and that kept the body level.

I don't know if my little tutorial helped anyone or not, but this isn't really hard at all to do and it will make your truck look so much better.