RCU Forums - View Single Post - The TRUTH about using a real TX with a sim
Old 04-21-2006, 03:24 PM
Patto

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: The TRUTH about using a real TX with a sim

In general, you don't need an 8 channel radio with G3. I've used 4 and 7 channel radios and had no problems except that on the aircraft that actually use the missing channels. So, if you are using a 6-8 channel radio, you'll probably be just fine unless you need the extra channels for your helicopter application. When you set up your radio, start with everything at factory specs and go from there. You'll need to be in PPM/FM mode, NOT PCM. If your channels are reversed, double check the controller set up in G3. I've found that everytime I connect a new Tx to the game it starts out with some of them reversed. G3 cannot reset anything on your radio. It is a one-way communication link. In other words, your radio sends a signal to the game, the game does not send anything to your radio. Also, just keep your antenna collapsed. Your radio does not need to send a RF signal at all, it is just sending a signal through the Interlink cord. Some people take out the Tx crystals or frequency modules completely to save battery power.

Now, after you have gotten it set up for the basics, then you can start to program your own Tx for your needs.

Hope that helps. I've had really good luck using my Futaba 7CAP with G3.