RCU Forums - View Single Post - Official RC10GT Thread
View Single Post
Old 04-22-2006, 11:41 AM
danbuc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Official RC10GT Thread

ORIGINAL: gkcx

Are you racing or bashing? For racing the stock arms are fine. If your going to be runing into curbs and stuff the rpm arms are stronger. I think alloy arms are over kill but they look way cooler than plastic arms.
I use this truck basically just for beating on in local feilds and stuff since it's too heavy to race. I've jumped many a dumpster with it (and other large objects), and have had it cartwheel down hills multiple times ( I think 10 was the most I ever counted). Anyway, the only parts I ever really have to replace are the rear rims, since they tend to get stripped out from the pin spinning and chewing them up.

As for the aluminum parts, I have yet to have a single piece bend beyond simple repair with pliers. Here's an insteresting story to go with that. One day, my buddy and I were running our trucks in the field across the street ofmr his house (he has a Nitro MT with an RB C12). Well I came flying around this tree and wouldn't you knwo it, my truck drove head on into the front of his trunk. We pulled the two apart, and inspected the damage. My front skid plate was bent up just a tiny bit in the front (easily fixed with some heavy duty pliers). The frame of my friend's Nitro MT didn't fair as well. From the center diff up, the entire frame was bent and twisted up and to the left. We had to completely dismantle the whole truck, put the frame in a vise, and use brute force to bend it back to wher it was flat. Still doesn't drive right to this day. I kinda felt bad after that too...haha.