RCU Forums - View Single Post - AMA E Membership(Poll added)
View Single Post
Old 04-23-2006, 02:38 PM
STLPilot
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: AMA E Membership

#1 money isnt the issue - Park Flyers dont join because they dont want to, not because they cant afford it.
It would certainly be nice to have for someone that just wants to fly parkflyers, these people do in fact exist. Some kind of extra insurance in case something happens is always better to have and not everyone has homeowners insurance either.

#2 creating lines isnt the best idea when we have so many different groups in the orginization. AMA's mission is better served through unity. (boy i'm gonna get it for that one!) Although there are flaws, its all we got.
Said before, the FAA opened up the "sport pilot" ticket so that people that can't afford to fly or have health issues have another alternative to flying a smaller plane with more restrictions. It's done a lot for full scale flying. This is not a whole lot different.

#3 If you want to boost membership, sell the VALUE of belonging to the orginization, not a cheaper-reduced-price-campaign. (most people can see right thru this tactic)
What tactic? Let me guess, another AMA forum conspriacy!!! Selling an optional package IS a value. Just because this does not effect you, doesn't mean it won't help someone else.