RCU Forums - View Single Post - Bulletproofing FunFactor
View Single Post
Old 04-26-2006, 04:45 PM
poor judgement

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Bulletproofing FunFactor

did u see the alloy throttle servo mounts i got to try out? they are a little short, but i used spacers and it made a fair bit of difference, im just lacking that link to the brake seat. u can see where i was going from another spammed pic below. i think the mounts are from a xxx-t, but not certain, another cheap asiatees.com job.
a kind of buttressed brake seat would work too, i reckon, very simple, but gonna be pricey again.
i keep coming back to a full length, 1 piece top plate, but like azzman says, its the throttle servo mounting thats the problem there.
bending a piece of alloy to the kind of angle needed to join the brake seat to the throttle servos rear mount isnt going to provide much extra strength it a hard crash either, i feel.
dustin - that 2nd pic u posted looks good to me. something like that machined up, nice and pretty would be the ticket imo, but again pricey. but thats what i want.

as for the magnum gear - i doubt a plastic top plate will take my bashing sessions very well tbh, so im with alvin there. same goes for the magnum chassis too - what grade is it and how thick? i need something solid to try to get a 1/8 centre diff into my mt, and i dont fancy using the jt as a prototype.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx70148.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	65.9 KB
ID:	451550