View Single Post
Old 05-01-2006, 09:51 AM
dionysusbacchus
My Feedback: (25)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build

ORIGINAL: ticketec

Hey dionysusbacchus,

How did you find the CoG with the servos behind the cockpit? I was thinking of installing mine forward of the cockpit and using sullivan golden rods to actuate the rudder and elevator, because of the tail heavy warnings people have posted here.

Your p-51 looks great! Those scale props are a must for the static photo's aren't they. Really makes the model look awsome.

I really like the look of your drop tanks. What are the chances of getting a set of those for my girl???? Out of interest, what bomb drop mechanism do you use? I have the one available from Tower Hobbies, and use it on my P-38, but have just got some from Hobby Lobby that can with bomb for the same price as Tower's mechanism alone.

http://www.hobby-lobby.com/atricks.htm

thanks
The servo's are not that far from the stock location, so I don't think it will matter to much. The P-51 has more than enough nose to compensate! I did not make the cockpit go all the way to the wing, it's just deep enough to fit the discontinued Top Flite pilot figure. I was then able to fit the air tank below the cockpit.

Those bomb drops look great, are they like the old Vortac mechanism? Are the hooks the same? Post some pictures of them so I can see! Can't beat the price, although the bomb is not scale at all, I make my own anyway. Thanks for the link.

I will be updating my site to include everything I currently make, you'll have to check it in a few weeks. Shipping to Australia is very expensive, but if you want a set I can get them to you.

Dion
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pm34943.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	61.8 KB
ID:	453673   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cx76824.jpg
Views:	184
Size:	60.6 KB
ID:	453674