RCU Forums - View Single Post - Horizon Hobby Yak 54F, anyone fly yet?
View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 02:52 PM
Get Real

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Horizon Hobby Yak 54F, anyone fly yet?

JRoberts/ no need to build a special platform/i also had cg issues but didnt mind it tail heavy at first. if you cut the battery compartment cover you have plenty of area for a battery shelf so to speak.. just add velcro and reinforce bottom with packing tape.. i know i was never to found of the stuff but it does give depron or just about any other foam a ton more strength. i also use a velcro strap.. there availble at electronics and computer stores and at home depot. well i got 3 flights in with yak today.. and 3 with ultimate thats a lot of flying for me in one day... two trips though. the lighter set up was nice in little to no wind.. i rarely fly in those types of conditions.. so i went back to 400 outrunner and 1320 pack. i'll use the lighter gear for byp yak when its out. the ultimate is a little heavier with the same set up but is just as much fun to fly.. if you have not seen one in person theres a thin skin on wings and tail surface.. its more rigid than depron alone. now if e-flite would come out with a brio and edge 540 depron plane with full fuselage like the ultimate fx that would be really nice... HINT. i picked up the polycharge 4 recently and some more batterys so i should be able to get some qaulity flying in when i have time to fly. also been trying different gear options on yak for less than perfect grass.. small twigs ruts etc. now im using 3 inch mpi wheels.. not as pretty but roll well over the battlefield ive been flying at with the foamys .
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Hf99302.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	39.2 KB
ID:	454685   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ql35410.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	34.9 KB
ID:	454686   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ch96104.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	41.5 KB