RCU Forums - View Single Post - Resolving close fields interference issues
Old 05-02-2006, 06:43 PM
DSLarkin

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Resolving close fields interference issues

Of course you are correct, but I was just trying to get general ideas for a protocol.

If we had a protocol it could develop into a situation where we could get MAAC to say "Follow our protocol or your insutance is void".

These things can best be resolved if there is a willingness on both sides to show some flexibility. Still, there is no doubt in my mind that any solution should be weighted towards the interests of the original club. Also I feel that cognizance should be taken of the relative numbers involved in each group. It wouldn't be fair to give up half the spectrum to two flyers. However a couple of channels should be workable.

Our problem is made more difficult by the fact we are not dealing with another club - just a couple of 'rogue' flyers.

In this case I hope we can get the interlopers to reduce the number of frequencies they use - for starters.

We do have a hammer as MAAC's insurance company is not likely to take kindly to someone starting a situation where one group is deliberately acting in a manner which could cause accidents.