RCU Forums - View Single Post - Resolving close fields interference issues
Old 05-02-2006, 06:59 PM
bkind

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Resolving close fields interference issues

ORIGINAL: reo

This is a tough situation and without the desire for a resolution on BOTH sides it becomes even tougher. The only input that MAAC can have in these situations is to keep REGISTERED fields minimum 4km apart, beyond that everything else is moot.

In short, the guys that are setting up unoffical flying sites within 'frequency conflict' distances from an established field can do so, no questions asked. This doesn't mean it is right but that is just the way it is.

This basically comes down to the actions of a few inconsiderate people infringing on the enjoyment of the hobby for an established group at an established field....a very unfortunate situation. I hope it can be resolved.

One question that i would like to see answered though, if 4 km is an acceptable spacing for MAAC fields, what is the ACTUAL range of our transmitters these days?

Ron

I,m afraid you are right. I asked one of the MAAC execs last year about MAAC getting some sort of control over the 72 mhz freq. We were discussing the ability for someone to buy park fliers from hobby shop with radio on 72mhz and fly close to registered clubs. Thers just not anything we can do about it.

I have read somewhere in my Futaba literture that our radios are good for 2km.

Brian