RCU Forums - View Single Post - Question for the Redcat Dealers
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2006, 04:04 PM
AJsToyz

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default RE: Question for the Redcat Dealers

Well , I've had this thing apart more then together I hope it will not fall apart anymore. I really don't mind getting parts that wore out , or broke from abuse, its the fixing things just to keep it running that drives me nuts.

The engine siezed , Replaced Transmitter ,a servo , steering arm, one way bearing , clutch bell , clutch spring,and repaired the pull starter. The steering arm was replaced twice , the first time when the defective radio drilled the car into a wall and I don't mind saying that even though the radio failing damaged the car I still had to buy the new parts to fix the car. The second time I was just running through the grass and it started pulling to the right. I looked at the car and the right arm broke . As for the gears , I thing think the clutch bell has way to much play and the wobble is tearing out the gears. I've got aluminum steering arms for the car now so thats done. I've replaced the clutch bell with a duratrax and I don't think there is going to be to much trouble with the gears. Oh yeh , I've got a pint to go and I will have two quarts of fuel through this car.

I'm glad your Volcano is running good for you and hope you get a lot of good hours out of it !