RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 07:18 AM
lpseboot

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build

gentlemen your builds are going very well as far as counter balances go they made movement easier for pilots since these were still cable controlled from tiller stick and rudder from floor pedals i didnt incorporate them in my build three years ago because as you see i built a sunday flier if you want doors on gear burry them as far as you can in wing and beef up with c shaped ply piece between ribs in bay supplied mounts may last 3 good landings... on blacktop i cut 3/8 aircraft ply in shape of a square u put in between ribs of gear bay and glassed to upper sheeting and adjacent ply rib doublers make sure angle follows original slat mounts for proper gear placement i went with bell crank on ailerons but will probably cut into wing later for individual servos only due to wearing of socket and possibility of poping lose i prefer 2 strokes so i went with a cheap st.75 and hung muffler out side...(have bad habit of lean runs)can dispose of when its toast i used century heavy duty with 4" tires had outer doors only but removed them getting grass stained and chips my stang wieghs in at just over 11 pounds and flys on rails goes were you point it balloons with flaps but can be programmed out with some down added on elevator ys 110 will fly it nicely as far as your first impending flight at least its not a corsair
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ki19502.jpg
Views:	181
Size:	60.9 KB
ID:	456304