RCU Forums - View Single Post - Futaba 7c TX crystal change
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2006, 02:20 PM
MerlinL14

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Futaba 7c TX crystal change

Having read the appropriate chapters (yes thats pretty sad) I have seen no where that it say it is illegal! I have seen recommendations and exclusions to Freq band changes but nothing that states you can't change the channel within that Freq band.

§95.222 (R/C Rule 22) May I make any changes to my R/C station transmitter?

(a) You must not make or have anyone else make an internal modification to your R/C transmitter.

(b) Internal modification does not include:

(1) Repair or servicing of an R/C station transmitter (see R/C Rule 21, §95.221); or

(2) Changing plug-in modules which were certificated as part of your R/C transmitter.

(c) You must not operate an R/C transmitter which has been modified by anyone in any way, including modification to operate on unauthorized frequencies or with illegal power. (See R/C Rules 9 and 10, §§95.209 and 95.210.)

[48 FR 24894, June 3, 1983, as amended at 63 FR 36610, July 7, 1998]

As I see it sub para (2) refers to the crystal as a plug in module!!

§95.209 (R/C Rule 9) What equipment may I use at my R/C station?

(a) Your R/C station may transmit only with:

(1) An FCC certificated R/C transmitter (certificated means the FCC has determined that certain radio equipment is capable of meeting recommended standards for operation);

Empisis to the text has been added by me.
As stated anything I see as recommended is clased as a rule not a law.

Now all this is my interpritation of what I have read. Maybe over the years someone elses interpritation has been mis-represented, and is now just 'believed' to be fact!!

Without starting a war and after reading the 'black and white' published paper, what do you recon??
Here is a link to the FCC document.
The relevent chapter is: TITLE 47—TELECOMMUNICATION COMMISSION (CONTINUED)
PART 95—PERSONAL RADIO SERVICES.
http://www.fcc.gov/Bureaus/Engineeri...97/47cfr95.pdf