RCU Forums - View Single Post - Predator II ??
View Single Post
Old 05-07-2006, 07:29 PM
TIA

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Predator II ??

Airbike,

Very true. There's theory, then there's reality. And for me, the reality is I need to learn to fly before I start worrying about catching up to the racers edge.

I was telling you in the past, I think, that I try & get up to the airstrip by 6-6:30 before anyone gets there. That is the exact reason! People will come unglued if you are out in the middle of the LZ flying circles along the safety-line when they are 3D'ing their Funtana's over your head. So I try to be the first one in the gate with everything ready, run out to the deck, and launch. By the time I've gone through a tank or two the other pilots have their engines warmed up already and starting to walk their planes out to depart.

It sucks for me but that just means I get my flying done early in the morning and then I can go home, cook breakfast for the awakening family, then start my list of honeydo's for the weekend. Not the coolest life, but someone’s got to step up and be responsible.

This Saturday I had my plane rebuilt and ready to go. So I thought! I got to the field at 6:30, ran out to the runway, fired the engine, was about ready to launch the AT-6 off and I couldn't get the plane to idle correctly. Then I noticed I couldn't get the engine to run right at all. Took the plane back to the pits and noticed I has lost a carb screw somewhere. O.S. uses two screws on the carb to mount it to the engine. One on each side. What was weird is that I had started the plane in the backyard the night before and everything ran great. Well I went back home and found the screw sitting in the spot on the patio where I had last started it. (I guess that was the good that came out of my adventure.) So no flying this weekend. Time to hit the simulator this evening maybe.

Shooting for next Saturday morning.