RCU Forums - View Single Post - Another Panzl Build Thread!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-08-2006, 01:22 PM
sillyness
My Feedback: (25)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Another Panzl Build Thread!!!

Al,

Thanks for your help. I pulled out my manual again and read through... the very last paragraph was the answer. When I looked through muffler can relief I cut in the cowl I could see the atmospheric vent hole on the carb... I was having pressure problems.

Digging through my stuff I found an RCBlimp Carb plate he sent me for free when I bought a couple tailwheels (you didn't here this from me!!!) and I bolted that on last night. Today the difference was night and day... I actually had to richen the low end back up... the mid range was very clear (for lawnboy). I'm a happy camper now. I guess since most of the other guys out there are using cans they wounldn't run into the problem (no cuts in the cowl). So... factory setting was 1 3/8 on the low end, I'm at about 1 2/8... a whole 1/8 turn in (sarcasm). Pretty close I'd say. She is idling very slow and sweet sounding and not loading up at all on take-off, and with my well balanced prop there is very little vibration... the surfaces don't even jiggle at idle. I am very happy.