RCU Forums - View Single Post - It does exist: The Hovering Cobra
View Single Post
Old 04-16-2003, 06:41 PM
wagas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default saving weight

On mine I omitted the cross bracing (the "X" format that the plans show for building the horz stab) I thought it was overkill and alot more work than I wanted to do. If you look at my PIC #3 you can see what I'm talking about.

I've been flying mine and think it's a hoot to fly but SO fragile. It's funny to watch this thing when doing violent manuevers. The tail looks like it's going to twist off. Also, when flying in the wind for some reason my tail (entire back of fuse) starts wagging back and forth like a dogs tail. I get a lot of laughs when that happens. It's still completely controlable but funny looking. Oh, this is when it's at almost idle pointing into the wind. It stops as soon as i throttle up. Don't ask me I don't know why.

GREAT Hoverer, you can do it as long as you want. I think I will end up getting rid of it though as I'm starting to get bored with it. just have to see. The wing and tail are great and i would love to build a stronger Fuse that can be removed and mount a .61 on it as this is a bigger than normal profile (it's hard to fit in the car.) Plus I would do away with the single wheel. I would just use gear like the menace has. I get tired of hand launching this thing.

I can hover w/TT pro 46 and 11 x 4 prop at about 1/2 throttle with instant pull out.