View Single Post
Old 05-09-2006, 06:44 PM
NM2K
My Feedback: (14)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default RE: Brillelli 25GT on a CMP Giles-202

ORIGINAL: jstanton

Larry

It sounds like you have this thing licked. I talked to Scott about your issue and he told me what you did. I am on my way to bed, bath and beyond to get a cork stopper like you have and do the same thing. I will be going to the local auto zone and see if they have these plugs here in Memphis.

I really like your Wild Hare 540 and the job you did on your installation of the engine. I know once you get a couple of gallons of fuel run threw that Brillelli you'll love the engine. My Brillelli on my Giles-202 had the same problem with the cowl on and I extended the air hole on the diaphragm plate out side the cowl like Scott suggested and she runs great now. I am getting 8400RPM with a APC 17x6 prop and she is much easier to start now also, but your cork idea will even make that easier. How mush does your wild hare weigh and can you get any video of it. I was looking at that plane when I found the Giles-202.

Good Luck and keep her flying

--------------

If you're not planning to fly 3D with the model, the model's flight performance would improve considerably with more pitch in the prop. If you do the math, you will discover that 6" of pitch at that rpm has the model flying at about 40 to 45 mph (final figure times .85 to account for "slippage"). Flying at 50 mph and upward would "lock in" the model from an aerobatic perspective. Just a suggestion.