RCU Forums - View Single Post - Club FOX!
Thread: Club FOX!
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 06:00 PM
50+AirYears

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Club FOX!

The .46 is the only Fox I have with the Air Bleed EZ carb. Every 45, 60, 50 and whatever other Fox rc engine I have uses everything else they put on their engines from rotary exhaust baffle on a bushing .19 up to the Mk X.

The .45 is definitely an easy to handle engine. I regularly hand-start mine in one or two flips, which is really rewarding after having a maven walk by and comment " A Fox? You'll never get it to run.", or as on one occassion "Look at that, Tony put a Webra on that plane!" (Fox 40 with an old Top Flite white nylon 10-6).

Also enjoyed hearing people say the Duraplane needed a good .40 to take off from grass. I didn't know the Fox 25s were mislabled 40s? In fact, my first one alternated between a Fox Baffle 19 rc and a baffle 25 rc. The second one only used a Fox 25BB.

And as far as durability, I once hit an oak stump dead center with a Fox 45 powered 6.5 pound cabin job. Had to replace the plane, prop, high speed needle, drive washer, and tapered collet. The engine didn't otherwise even have dinged threads on the drive stud. My first 15 BB RC lasted over 3200 flights with a 4 ounce tank before it lost compression.