RCU Forums - View Single Post - CG Chipmunk mods
View Single Post
Old 05-11-2006, 08:56 PM
RVM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: CG Chipmunk mods

I think doing a built up belly pan and wingtips might be a bit out of my league. Well, the belly pan might not be so bad, but dunno how I'd get the shapes right and identical on the wingtips. Does anyone know if the belly pan is available in fiberglass as well? Or, for that matter, where I can order a fiberglass cowl? If anyone can give any good tips or instructions on how to go about building the belly pan and wingtips I think I'd like to try that.

I've got a 2400mah NiCd pack now, which would be too heavy. I might look into ordering a 1200 or 1400 nicd or nimh pack for the Chipmunk if Li-xx batteries are that much of a hassle.

Moving the elevator and rudder servos to the tail might be a more effective way of positioning them, and if I remember my first Chipmunk clearly there was plenty of room to move the battery pack around to adjust the balance. I won't add any lead (dead) weight. :P

I really like the Slimline inverted Pitts muffler. If I do that I may, if weight permits, add an onboard glowplug ignition system.

Will 1/8" Robart hinges work in the ailerons of the Chipmunk? I am not sure if they'd be long enough, or maybe even thick enough.

Thanks for all the great input so far!