RCU Forums - View Single Post - Choosing between the Savage 25 I have and an LST2
Old 05-14-2006, 09:50 PM
Black_Ghost_FN

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Choosing between the Savage 25 I have and an LST2

Okay, I just bought a Savage 25 (RTR, Radio Rotostart...) from a friend for $320CDN. It has a HotBodies .26, and is basically a brand new truck,(Ihaven't even run it yet) just about every part replaced, Some aluminum hoopups including the bulkheads, and tranny rebuild. I't didn't come with a body though. The only thing that looks used is the engine. The cooling head cap was scratched to hell but I grinded it down, sanded it and pollished it up now it looks awsome. I bought it because it was a good deal even thought the truck I really wanted was the LST2. I also have an XTM X-Cellerator which I probably wont really drive now that I have a MT. So I'm wondering what you would do...Sell the Savage and X-C to get an LST?... Keep the savage and sell the X-C to spend the money on the savage?

Well I'll have to think about that one, whichever one I end up with I want to get a really good engine, I'm thinking LRP .28 Spec 2, but actually now I've heard of a spec 3. Whats the difference between the spec 2 and 3? I assume the 3 is better. I don't mind spending the extra money if it costs more. I'll also end up with a 3-speed. I don't mind giving up 2 trucks for 1, I just want the best one in the end. So let me know what you think, and any info on the spec 2 and 3 of that engine would be helpful. Thanks.

BTW, the truck is just for bashing. My friend who sold the Savage to me just about doesn't like anything but Savages. He really hates the LST2 for some reason and says you can't impress him with one. I really want to beat his sorry *** in a race with an LST2. I've seen a video around of the LST2 with the LRP and that's what I want. It was the video with the off sound, most have probably seen it. If I got an SH .28 Pro would I be getting pretty much the same thing? Thats what my friend has in his Savage so if I got the same one for the LST2 and wooped him that would be even better to prove the LST2.

There should be a picture attatched of the Savage. (My camera makes things look dirtier than they really are) Buzz off 56K, it's 4048x3040 (Okay maybe it wont show up that size)

Mark
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Pn35866.jpg
Views:	11
Size:	69.0 KB
ID:	461571