RCU Forums - View Single Post - Choosing between the Savage 25 I have and an LST2
Old 05-15-2006, 12:39 AM
HerrSavage

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default RE: Choosing between the Savage 25 I have and an LST2

I don't know what kind of prices you're looking at. I have a stock Savage 25 and REALLY like it.. Tough, reliable, holds a tune, fast enough in a gravel pit for ex, if not around a track..., not a lot of messing around. All around great, fun truck..

I then bought a Savage X - which I just don't like the looks of and am selling new and unused on e-bay....... - and that in order to get an LST2. LST2 for me seems kind of risky though, cuz there is NO LHS support(where I live in Germany). I think - even for lots of guys WITH LHS support - it's a truck that requires lots of on-line ordering. That means longer down time, period, as far as I can see..

I like LST2's cuz they're bigger and faster than a Savage. But there is always that undeniable Savage toughness.. Tough call.

Here in Germany the LRP Z.28R Spec 3 recently came out. I wanted to get it for my Savage X, but the guy selling them actually put me off. He said it was just too powerful for a Savage and just didn't make a lot of sense... I've also heard that about the Spec 2 BTW, and the Spec 3 is even more powerful.

I have no experience with bigger engines, but several people here in Germany have advised against it.. (that said, I have an Axial 28 for my X that I'm not selling, and which will eventually replace my 25...)

So the point is, upgrading your Savage will cost more than just the price of the engine - you're gonna need soonish probably to upgrade diffs and tranny and maybe other stuff...

That said, if you want the LRP, the SH28 Pro is the same thing, and cheap, and with a 3-speed for example should be plenty (well, VERY) damn fast..

So good luck..