RCU Forums - View Single Post - Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 build
View Single Post
Old 05-15-2006, 07:04 AM
tuwood

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Goldberg Ultimate 10-300 build

ORIGINAL: davesteemke

Thanks 4 your service Maekju. Hope everything goes well.
I've been assembling my new (thanks to tuwood's generosity) wheel pants and cowl. I've finished the primer coat and tomorrow will start on color coat. Took me awhile to figure out how to do my exhaust. I wanted to minimize the hole i'd have to put in the cowl. The pics you guys showed me helped out alot. Thanks again. Other than that, break in the engine & smoke pump, some radio mods, & I'll be flying. I'm getting nervous just thinking about it.Quick question: the two bolts holding on the bottom wing, are they adequate for the job. It looks to me , if a wing edge gets bumped the bolts will rip apart the wood. Would I be safer with 4 bolts?
I'll have some Pics in a few days.
Dave
I did have the front bolt vibrate out while breaking the engine in on mine. (fortunately on the ground) so I ended up using some loc tite on them to firm everything up. With the fiberglassing tape and some thin CA down the hole, I think it helps to firm all the wood up.

I just took a couple pictures of my firsts bottom wing and you'll notice that even during a violent crash the bolts held on just fine. I also noticed that the two blocks which hold the wing on sheered out pretty clean, so I'm going to reinforce that joint on the next one with some triangle stock. I also recall someone posting earlier to fuelproof this area because exhaust can seep in.
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Zx71725.jpg
Views:	25
Size:	130.0 KB
ID:	461702   Click image for larger version

Name:	Yt62451.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	140.4 KB
ID:	461703