RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build
View Single Post
Old 05-16-2006, 09:07 AM
ticketec
My Feedback: (2)

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
Default RE: Top Flite 1/7 P-51 Build

Hey Guy's

Have been working a little on the mustang but not posting. I have decided that i spend too much time here on the forums drooling over everyone else's models and never get much done on mine!!

After printing out scale gear door patterns again i found out that my first printed set were a little to small. This also meant that the glass i layed up was also undersized so, to cut a long story short, 3x 9oz glass is perfect. weight came in at 140g. perfect. So Jamie, your initial thoughts were dead on!

WARNING!!! I have just discovered that "scale" sized doors will not work! The inner doors extend from the wing mount bolt holes to about 1-1 1/2" past the main spar. I do not want to cut the sheeting off the main spar and also don't want to expose the bay behind it either... I should have sized the printout to the plan and i would have spotted it straight away.

I'm going to reduce the size of the inner doors/ and the outers a little until they fit in the TF gear area. I'm also trying to locate some off set hinges for the door but to no avail yet. Any ideas?

Still haven't got the cockpit kit......

Hey Dion, when are your tanks going to be available? do you have a link to your site?

Thanks
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ec89138.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	47.3 KB
ID:	462307   Click image for larger version

Name:	Ez82123.jpg
Views:	197
Size:	47.2 KB
ID:	462308