RCU Forums - View Single Post - Firebird Freedom
View Single Post
Old 05-17-2006, 01:55 PM
Gryphon

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Firebird Freedom

I was just using that as an example to show that the same motor is fine on 8 cells per factory recommendations. They are always extra conservative due to warranty purposes. so 9 cell=10.8 V or in my case 3 cell Lipoly=11.1 volt has proven to work.

It looks like the freedom has a 1/2" larger prop than the stryker's original prop, above. I called Horizon.

Freedom has 6.5 diameter X 3.0 pitch This will give you the most climbing power and least speed. Highest draw between the 3 props.

Original Stryker 5.9 X 3.0 This will give you a little less climbing power, but a little more speed. Lower draw.

F27B Lipoly prop 5.3 X 3.3 This will give you the least climbing power, but higher speed depending if you are not drag limited. Just try it, in a stryker it is faster even on 8 cells compared to the other 5.9X3.3 prop. Least Amp draw between the 3 props while using the same battery.

My favorite prop is a APC 6X4 $2.50 plus a $5 prop adapter for 2.3 mm shaft. Will draw more out of the battery compared to the 5.9X3.0, and make the motor work harder, but give you the most performance. The motor can handle this prop all the way up to and including a 3 cell Lipoly battery voltage of 11.1V.

The amp draw between the 6.5X3.0 Vs APC 6X4 has not been tested but must be close.