RCU Forums - View Single Post - Okay, who's the Kraft radio guru?
View Single Post
Old 05-19-2006, 01:14 PM
76tiger

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Okay, who's the Kraft radio guru?

Guru's,
I still have my Kraft KP7C (Series 1979) radio including the original receiver with plug-in RF module. I also have the !QUOT!miniature!QUOT! 7 channel receiver as well as various Kraft servos and switch harness'. I have always liked the 'feel' of the transmitter; mine has the dual rate options and a roll button that was popular in Pattern flying back then. What was really neat about this radio was that it also came with a small cord that you could plug between your aircraft charging jack and transmitter, then read the receiver battery voltage on the ESV mounted alongside the RF output meter on the transmitter.

My question is, does anyone know what the wiring diagram is for the buddy box/charging connector? My transmitter has the momentary switch for trainer purposes and I would like to utilize this transmitter in conjunction with a 4 channel Hi Tec FM radio installed in my son's trainer. I found a website (http://www.welwyn.demon.co.uk/buddy.htm) detailing various trainer cord connections, but of course the Kraft is too old for general interest. Any thoughts on this?

Thank you for any information you can offer,

Paul