RCU Forums - View Single Post - Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly
Old 05-19-2006, 10:45 PM
Flyjets
My Feedback: (51)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Extreme Flight 87" Yak 54 - Build & Fly

Guy's

Today down here in Florida winds were 17mph and a 80 degree X wind for our East West Runway. Not a great Maiden day but I wanted to Fly her in an IMAA meet tomorrow. So here is my report the CG issue we all spoke about was as U Guy's described Perfect.

The Performance was in my viewpoint good but not fantastic. Vertical was very good and the Up and down lines were the same speed. The Model flew straight with 1 trim adjustment in roll.

The Knife Edge pass needed no coupling and Rolls were axial.

Landing in these winds I made a practice approach and I was fast for this light weight machine.
Next pattern slowed a bit more and drove her in at a semi fast speed landing was fine but then I did something that upset the Yak. I used up Elevator to plant the Tail and the Yak got Airborne again.

I was surprised at such a slow speed it did this but it is very low wing loaded machine anyway it got about 1 to 2 feet and I forced her back down to the runway.

I noticed the Wheel Pants seem really flimsy and I went ahead and removed them. The 3 Blade is OK but not great. At 16.0 lbs she performs very nicely. But U Guy's already knew all this..................

Day # 2 with 3 more flights including formation acrobatic show.

Very light flying Yak and still good power with the 3 Blade but not a 3D setup.

Ian
Ian