Thread: RCV Engines
View Single Post
Old 05-26-2006, 04:41 AM
RCV Engines

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: RCV Engines

Hi Guys

In answer to a few questions

Bill - yes you can start the CD series conventionally (only the SP series uses behind the prop starting, and even these can be started from the front.......which is not advised by RCV due to safety reasons)

Memphis Belle - Your friends engine certainly doesn't sound right. It should easily be able to power a 9.5lb model. When you see your friend &/or his engine, ask him to contact me with the rpm figures he is getting on the 14x6. Also I would like to know the fuel he is using. Break-in takes up to an hour, however power will continue to increase the more the engine runs. Within an hour though your friend should be getting over 9000 rpm at least. You can check out a couple of video clips on our website with the 91CD engines powering 12lb hurricanes and spitfires (http://www.rcvengines.com/gallery/rcv_gallery_video.htm) . With regard to your liberator 4 x 91CDs should be perfect for this.

Bob - I have checked out the Skyshark Edge, and it shouldn't have any problems powering that plane with basic IMAC manouvers.

I hope this helps,
Cheers
Laurenne