RCU Forums - View Single Post - Should AMA Insurance Cover Commercial Training
Old 12-23-2002, 03:53 PM
Bill Lee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Should AMA Insurance Cover Commercial Training

Originally posted by J_R

Bill

I have had some correspondence with EC members, however, without getting into that the following is from the EC Minutes Oct 26, 2002.

Under Committee Reports, Budget

Sub Heading: "Discussion among Council included:"

Second Paragraph: "Within the budget, the insurance alone is nearly 20% of it. Need to be prepared that we will not be able to purchase insurance. RFP’s are being prepared to solicit other carriers. Also looking at the possibility of reducing levels of insurance."

JR
O.k., here's more information.

I asked JR originally for his source and he pointed me at the EC minutes. Since I was at that meeting and did NOT recall any "discussion", I asked Dave Brown for some clarification. Here is his response:

"I remember mentioning the possibility of a reduction to $1m, and discussing it in a very periphery way. It is a very real alternative, if we have to do a self funded program. In that case, I really cannot see any way to fund a $2.5m program. I believe it is in this context that the minutes read."

I asked Sandy about the same thing, and he remembered as I did: "What discussion?".

Based on Dave Brown's comment: yes, the issue was "discussed", sufficiently to make the minutes, but there was little actual discussion. more of a statement by Dave.

OTOH, insurance IS a big concern right now, and a reduction to something that we can afford IS a real possibility. (IMHO)

Bill