RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ever filed a claim with the AMA?
View Single Post
Old 12-22-2002, 02:51 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Re: Ever filed a claim with the AMA?

Originally posted by Cleared4Crash
I'm just curious to know if anyone here has filed any insurance claims with the AMA? If so, what was it for? Was it a hassle? Did you get reimbursed for anything? How long did it take?
*I* have not filed a claim with the AMA, however I have two friends who have.

One filed a medical claim that was paid. He seemed to be pleased with the outcome, so that is all *I* can report.

The other guy dropped a giant scale P-47 through a neighboring manufacturing plant roof at a private field. They were not going to give him back the remains of his engine/radio/trash until they were properly compensated (hole in roof fixed). So he tried to file a claim with AMA. They told him to contact his homeowners carrier and file a claim there first. He was unhappy because it took a lot of paperwork, time, effort and the building owner was not a happy camper.

However, we have to remember AMA insurance is SECONDARY and only pays when you have no other insurance or your other insurance has reached its limit. That means my friend SHOULD have contacted his agent on the homeowners policy first rather than go to AMA.

Some of us just don't read.