RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ever filed a claim with the AMA?
View Single Post
Old 01-04-2003, 02:37 AM
F106A
My Feedback: (2)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ever filed a claim with the AMA?

Hi,
I filed two claims with AMA.
The first was when my son got his hand whacked by an 18" prop that was attached to a G-38. Scariest moment I've had in 50 yrs of modeling. I saw pieces go flying, thought it was my son's fingers. Thank God I only use wood props and it was the prop pieces that went flying when the prop broke. If it was a composite prop he would have lost at least two fingers. If I remember right AMA paid around $7000 for the medical. It was one of the highest payouts for several years. There was no problem at all. They asked for an accident report and medical bills and it was taken care of quickly and professionly.
The other claim involved a Byron Ryan that I had bought at a hobby shop. I brought it home and left it in the trunck and my car was stolen! It was found several years ago abandoned in NYC, it was used a cab! I submitted a police report, copy of the bill of sale, waited several months to see if it would be recovered and AMA sent me the value of the kit. Don't remember the exact amount, I think it was a $1000, but it happened so long ago I can't be sure.
In both cases AMA provided really excellent service.
Regards,
Jon