RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ever filed a claim with the AMA?
View Single Post
Old 01-05-2003, 12:44 AM
Jim Branaum
My Feedback: (3)

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Ever filed a claim with the AMA?

Originally posted by flippypilot
Jim B . thanks for the response back when the heli was stolen.massachuetts auto ins does not cover contents of the vehicle just the parts or the vehicle like the radio ect...
back b when the plane hit my truck i was a renter and the guy who hit it the truck should be the party to start the claim not me thanks flippypilot
Sorry about the helicopter. It sounds like you should have gone to your HO agent and filed a claim as that policy USUALLY covers your car contents along with the contents of suitcases and briefcase. Not being current on all the various rules and regulations on various insurance coverages, I am just guessing based on what I have seen and experienced.

As for the guy hitting your truck not being able to get AMA to pay for it, the answer is really simple. I went back and reread what you said and apologize for not catching that one earlier. To avoid excessive fraudulent claims (that WERE being filed) the AMA went to a policy that does not pay for damage an AMA member does to another AMA member. If I recall correctly that is exclusive of medical coverages.

AMA will always rush to resolve medical claims as they CAN become worse rapidly. A little thought about this and it becomes evident that the AMA has stepped into the role of insurance company and is trying to avoid excessive claims that dragging out medical claims tends to lead to in other venues.

Sorry for missing that detail. Hope this clarifies the issue better for you.