RCU Forums - View Single Post - Horizon Hobby Yak 54F, anyone fly yet?
View Single Post
Old 05-27-2006, 05:48 PM
shesha

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Horizon Hobby Yak 54F, anyone fly yet?

Hi, just something I am facing with this kit, any help would be apprieciated.

1- First of all, the prop I ordered is the eflite prop, refering back to the manual it mentions to use the stock outrunner prop adaptor that came with the outrunner 400 brushless, in doing so the shaft of the adaptor does not fit the prop opening of the eflite 11x4.7 , I would like reconfirm to opening the hole in the prop if thats correct since it seems to be setup for the gear driven and taken into consideration the diameter of the prop opening that is required it seems that it would some what make the prop more prone to flexibility from the diameter opening resulting in breakage. The
APC similar prop has the correct opening.

2- When mounting the outrunner gearless 400 on the built in firewall of the yak54, there is no mention of anything to install, but just the motor to the pine wood firewall and 2 screws, please confirm if thats correct and that there is nothing in between the outrunner and the pine firewall, like the engine mount that came with the outrunner. Black Metal piece.

3- After installing the outrunner 400 on the pine wood directly, looking down onto the centerline of the engine opening you can see that the outrunner shaft is offset with right down thrust to a certain degree, more then one would expect from a foam gearless setup. I am comparing this with the greatplanes flatout foam planes such as the reflection and the turmoil with the brushless gearless setup rimfire. Kindly advise if there is supposed to be right down thrust on this combination and to what degree if possible.

4- The outrunner 400 standard prop adaptor does not hold the outrunner 400 motor shaft when tightening the prop nut, thats after following the instructions in reversing the shaft of the outrunner as per the instrcutions manual on page 22, step 5. I also noticed because of the point I mentioned in question 3 above the prop adaptor is touching the pine wood firewall.

5- Page 27 the manual says to install a foam doubler for the battery pack if it is installed in the front, there is no mention of installing a doubler if installed in the middle of the plane please confirm if it is necessary.

6- Page 28 the picture shows the doubler on the right side and the battery on the left side, the doubler is supposed to be used for holding the battery or to reinforce the area ?

Any help would be apprieciated.