RCU Forums - View Single Post - Set Ups for 3D Buddies
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 08:40 AM
push rodz
My Feedback: (5)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Set Ups for 3D Buddies

Thanks for your response on this bird. I've heard that the Hacker motor is a good one. I've considered getting one several times and just may yet. The Himax 2812 is one of my favorites but I'm doubtful if it will handle 3Din with anything over 12 ounces. I have it on a home brew foamy that weighs 11.7 oz. and it does fine however the pullout in verticle is not ballistic by any means. It runs pretty sweet even still. Try a 11x3 or 4 on yours and you'll notice a difference. It will handle it and does not heat things up but I run a TP 1320 3-cell with mine which will handle a little more than the 900.

What kind of AUW do you have with your Edge without the battery? Mine is 12.25 oz. without the battery. This is about where it's suppose to be ready to fly according to the advertised weight specs. I'm using all Hitec HS-55's, CC Phoenix 25, GWS 4 channel RX and substituted the stock rods with 1.5mm carbon fiber rods on all surfaces. I did this primarily because the stock rods looked a little too large to fit through the hole in a EZ pushrod connector and didn't want to go with a larger, heavier push rod connector.

Again - thanks for your input. I'm just curious to know what kind of weight that other people have had with their 3D Buddy planes 'cause mine didn't come in close to what they say it's supposed to. I have the motor to pull this kind of weight and it's not really a big deal - it's just the principle of the whole thing.