RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Cat 31
View Single Post
Old 05-28-2006, 12:33 PM
wave waker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Cat 31

ORIGINAL: brownvhf

I'm new to the group and to Nitro boating and glad Ron Olson pointed me toward this forum. I purchased my t31 2 weeks ago and having a pond I can run in out my back door. I've run 9 tanks of fuel through it so far.
A lot of the little things people have suggested I have changed and so far haven't had any problem with the flex cable that some of you have had. Just repaired the connector last night for the pressure line off the header pipe to the fuel tank and will call Horizon this next week to see about a replacement for it.
The boat was a little hard starting out of the box but after resetting the high and low speed settings it fired up. I ran it quite rich the first 4 tanks of fuel and then have been leaning it out and havn't had to make any adjustments to the rudder as it was set very well in the box. Only about one inch of the rear of the boat is in the water with no cavitating at all.
Didn't like the radio system at all so installed a spectrum dx3 that I had a extra receiver here for. Its been a very stable boat and not sure of the speed, just guessing but think probley in the low 30's as I think its running as well as it can get, so far.
Thanks to the many posts that have been made for this boat as that has made it a lot easier to set this boat up. Jerry Brown, Clio, Michigan. the town where they sometimes forget to put on the map.

Hey Welcome!! another TC31 driver, owner..sounds like ur having great time..where in Kalamazoo fun run yesterday, 3 tc31 owners went there but only 2 boats ran, Dodamissc clocked his tc31 37mph and getting more stronger....i put high temp silicone to the pressure fitting.