RCU Forums - View Single Post - Would this setup be a good start for a beginning pilot???
Old 05-28-2006, 07:25 PM
brian8474

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Would this setup be a good start for a beginning pilot???

I am 29 and yes i had all the video consoles playstation 2 being the latest..
ORIGINAL: chashint

ORIGINAL: brian8474

Ok Im back again..Even after all the advice i received i was about to just forget about this hobby, But i decided to do it anyway all by myself and see what would happen...I bought the flatout turmoil arf from greatplanes with the brushless upgrade and a futaba 6 exas radio with servos and esc ...My first flight was a success as the following 7 have been as well.. I have not crashed yet ..BUT i have had some rough landings .1 broken prop and some bent landing gear and thats it..I guess i owe it all to realflight g3 ..I think the biggest part of learning to fly is learning the controls and knowing how to correct the aircraft..After that it's all gravy.......
Congratulations [sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif][sm=thumbup.gif]
I am impressed.
If I may ask how old are you ?

The reason I am curious is the young ones these days seem to be pretty adept with the eye hand coordination, our RC transmitters are pretty simple controllers to someone that has mastered Play Station or X Box, plus they already understand the left right reversal of the controls when the object is coming and going.

If you are an older person that did not experience Playstation then I am even more impressed.