RCU Forums - View Single Post - Thunder Cat 31
View Single Post
Old 05-29-2006, 01:09 PM
JPriami
My Feedback: (21)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Thunder Cat 31

My new flex cable is starting to break after just two days of running. And the total hours of running might be 2 maybe 3 hours at the most on this cable. I grease it every time I end the day and do the clean up & engine after run procedures. So it gets greased more than the manual says. But I think I figured out 2 reasons why it keeps breaking on me. Well maybe 3 reasons. (1) I might not have left enough of a gap between the end of the strut & the drive dog. So when the cable spun up & flexed it might not have had enough of a gap there when it flexed. (2) Today I noticed the cables stuffing tube was tight on the cable where the stuffing tube meets the strut. I noticed this more because I was working on the strut today and made it so it would drop down a little lower. And the stuffing tube even at the struts lowest point when it was stock before the mod was hard to get to line them up. So I bent the stuffing tube by hand some to get it to fit better and now the cable fits nice between the two points without any excess binding. Even at the new lower strut depth. (3) Maybe I should try getting another cable other than the one proboat sends you. They might all be junky? Whats a good replacement cable I can order?