RCU Forums - View Single Post - How do I start.
View Single Post
Old 05-30-2006, 09:33 AM
D Bronk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do I start.

AH the Contest plane .Never did get 2 sticks together for that project..I had nearly everything together for the Job.I had/have the NIB Norvel 0.061" engine,the balsa,glues,covering,the Drawings, and, pictures ,of the Foker Universal.I was(still am) Stoked to build this plane.I intended(still will) to build ,as scale appearing, as possible.I searched, and found, the final parts, that would really give the job the "finishing Touches", and, there was no way,I was going, to get in to a scale building Job, with out having them on hand first .The parts are all exposed to the eye,on the exterior of the plane, when finished.I was Not willing to Scratch make these parts.I already have a Major ,60 plus inch, F4U-5 scale project under way,and a long way, to go ,with that one ,yet.So I drew the line.The parts I tracked Down were a Scale pilot,Golden age style wheels,and 9 pcs of scale ,Wright J-5 "dummy cylinders".These parts are all made by the NEW Williams Brothers company.This stuff is now Distributed by Sig..I spoke with JUSTIN there.The cylinders were stocked(11 on hand )I was told...I originally contacted them,1`st ,or, 2`nd week, in January.I was told by Justin ,that the wheels were expected in stock,in, February.I could live with that.Justin set me up with, MARCO, on order desk.I had several E-mails, back, and forth, with those empoyees.Making sure I was getting what I wanted/needed.I was told by Marco, that the Cylinders, would be put to the side, with the pilot ,for me,till the wheels showed up,and then everything sent at once,to save some shipping costs.I was to get a E-mail to tell me, when everything was together.I really Appreciate ,when a Company tries to save me a buck, or 2.I had discussed ,how to get my Money to them .I decided ,I would use a Western Union Money exchange.Since I don`t like/trust Credit cards,I was told that would be fine.A few days later,I decided ,I would like the Cylinders ,and pilot ,Now .I would just pay, the extra $$ ,to get the Wheels ,once they came in.Sent off, about, 5 e-mails, over 3 weeks,trying to get this stuff.My computer was working ,off, and on, for a while,but,I was able to check my E-mail occasionally,and I know that the mails, were all being read there,but, I wasn`t getting any response back, from anyone at Sig.I was being ignored.Still haven`t heard, anything,at all, from them, and it`s the end of May..[:@].Contest is wrapping up or finished ,I`m not sure.I told them about this contest ,and that this stuff ,was important to me.MAYBE MY ORDER ,IS SMALL POTATES TO THEM($50.00).NOW,At this point ,I want to build my HERR AT-6 kit( NIB,and ,distributed by them)Bolt the Norvel 0.061"(NIB,also, Distributed by them) to it ,install a nice "SHARP" APC. prop on it,and "Fly it ,all Up,SOMEONES,SOUTHERN EXPOSURE".So they can have it all, Back.[>:][:@]This kind of Service, makes me want, to, never buy another product that goes out there doors,wether it`s got the house name (SIG)on it ,or, distributed by them(NORVEL ,WILLIAMS BROS.,.ETC...)

That`s enough of this RANT.......ANYONE else getting this Kind of B.S. service , out of them.They`re, teetering on my, "Never TO USE again", Buisness list right now....Sorry about the BEACH`in .D.B.