RCU Forums - View Single Post - How do I start.
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 09:26 AM
D Bronk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do I start.

GLAD, you`re still Hang`en out Here, too PETER.I`ve been meaning, to Drop you a line.. CLINT ,and, STEWART Still around ??How about C.P..Actually,I hope, Everyones O.K. still....

Back to the CADET experiance...we had ,BRODY holding, the Control handle.His Dad ,Frank`s, holding the plane.Riley, and ,Bailey still,"Putting the Spurs",To their Motor toys.CHAMP,he`s ,"Stretcing his legs", and tearing around, after the Bike ,and Cart .Actually it was a pretty,Hectic ,Scene.So I`m hooking up, and straighteng out, the lines, Franks sitting on the tail gate.I told Brody to keep the control handle, at his shoulder level, and ,the lines tight enough,so that the lines ,wouldn`t touch the ground.I got one line attached to the Cadet,at this point Franks keeping an eye on the other 2 boys,Brody`s doing the same thing,except he`s calling Champ,and Champ`s doing high speed, fly-bys at Brody.Brody`s Laughing his guts out at the dog, and slowly forgetting what his little job is.My back is to Brody, and I didn`t realize, the control lines were getting gradually getting slack,and closer to the ground.Things went sour right about here.I`m just about to hook, the 2`nd line up, to the plane.All of a sudden the line gets ripped,right out of my.The dacron cuts my hand.The Cadet is flying past me, and lands/slides on the gravel driveway.Brody`s yelling .I was in shock,at that moment didn`t know exactly what happened.The Dang dog ran through in a "FLY-BY"and hooked himself, on the lines,and ripped everything out of everyones hands.Only Brody, still had the handle in his Hand. LOL..The good news is.The Cadet Survived, with no damage to it.Dog was OK,and my Cut is healed. ..So that was ,it`s Maiden flight.Frank suggested, we put the plane away then.I thought it was probably a good idea,and we`ll tie Champ up ,next time we,get together, and try again.

.I think the Cadet is a pretty tough plane .It survived a 25 M.P.H, 40 pound dog ,tugging on the wing.Dragging it about 10 feet on gravel and,coming out of Franks hand, at about 4+1/2 feet above the ground.LOL. Not sure what the breaking strength of that line is.Looking back,it`s kind of impressive,that she even took, that kind of shock. ..I`ll try and continue updateing tonight a bit more..Still have lots to tell,I`m just really slow on the keyboard..Oh well,CHOW for Now,,, D.B.