RCU Forums - View Single Post - Set Ups for 3D Buddies
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2006, 04:52 PM
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Set Ups for 3D Buddies

Hey Pushrods, glad you got to fly your Buddy! I just weighed mine, 13.4oz, with TP 900, and the Himax. I use 4 bluebird 306 servos, and GWS 6-channel rx. I wonder if yours is from a newer shipment than mine, and may be built heavier? I recently bought the
Cap 232 version, and it was at least 1.5 oz. heaveier than the edge. I t didnt fly nearly as well either. I'm thinking maybe they are beefing up the fuselage because they tend to break fairly easily if you catch a wing tip. I'm on my 2nd fuse, and have re-inforced it with carbon strips taped to the top, from the canopy to the vert. stab, and on bottom nearly the entire length.
On the Cap, I used the Hacker 20-20L, and even at 15+ oz. there was tons of power, I'm sure it would power your edge fine. I dont know about the Himax tho.
I really like the way my edge flys. Its like a good foamy, but even more so, if you know what I mean. I hovers pretty well, Harriers upright and inverted are excellent, flat spins are incredible. I'm learning rolling circles with it now.
The only complaint is that it tip stalls easily if you are off the power but with some throttle it'll start flying again.
well, that's all I got for you, so have fun!