RCU Forums - View Single Post - How do I start.
View Single Post
Old 06-02-2006, 01:53 AM
D Bronk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do I start.

ALL right I`m at the update portion where I,kind of got over the Sig Thing,had my Fill of the Corsair again,for a while,and heard the LST.074",Screaming "take me,,, out of,, the closet"!!! She still had, the Skis on it,and, they all had to be swapped out, for wheels.So those had to be set-up on the landing gear.Basically, the job was just to grind the "spots" for the SET SCREWS..I used the same Main, and, Nose gear wires,as what the ski`s were set-up on.I kinda wanted ,to be able to switch from, winter ,to summer wear, with minimal effort.That Modification is done now.I just have to remove the wheel collars, slide of the tires,and slip on the skis and tighten their set screws.I do have to, raise, and lower ,the Nose gear depending on what kind of "Shoes", she`s going to be Wearing.

So,with-out a maiden flight, on it.Wheels installed .In my mind,,She`s going up.....I had taken BipeFlyers advice, about getting/putting a 7"x3" prop, on The Norvel 0.074".Unfortunately, I had to use that LHS, to buy the Props from....AGAIN ,I left there, not to happy.I wanted the Master Airscrew props,but,all they had was, the Zinger wooden ones in that size .I prefer,plastic composite types of props,over wood,for their durability,I reluctantly bought, 2,just in case.My lawn is ,definately not, table top flat.

I lassoed the plane to the picnic table,sparked the engine up ,and ran a tank of fuel through it ,while it was tethered down.I hadn`t ran it for, quite a while,and she seemed be running adequate enough to give her a go.The 7"x3" Zinger prop, seemed, to"roll up" the RPMs,quicker than the MAS 7"x4",probably a combination of, the Zinger having a shallower pitch, and weighing ,a tad less than the MAS props,that I had ran in the winter..I Re-fueled the plane, Fired it up .Time to fly this thing!!! I set it on the lawn,"what the H#ll ?.I felt something, tag my wrist.I soon found out, what it was.I stood up ,Throttled it up.OH no, she Stalls out ,just inches ahead of where I put it down.It`s a Freaking lawn mower!! Grass mulch is flying everywhere..Take it back to the picnic table .Try,Try,again,go to fire it once more,I see the prop is Screwed ,Literally.It must have tapped ,a small stone.No problem.I put Zinger #2 on,fired it up,but, this time I carried it to ,shorter Grass. That changes, from area ,to area, on my lawn too.. Throttle up ,She`s moving, gaining speed,gets up to taller grass again,and Stalls once more .I ended up, making some more mods. to the LST..