RCU Forums - View Single Post - How do I start.
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2006, 10:08 AM
D Bronk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: How do I start.

On with, the Faulty Balsa wood, part of this up date.I finally got the plane capable of running around on the yard with the oversize wheels.I cleaned up the grass mulch ,that was sprayed all over the trainer..I figured since, there was no nephews around ,I would maiden the plane ,and see ,what other bugs, might show up,and, at least I could get everything ironed out, before they eventually got here.When they`re coming out again, I really don`t know...[]..I tether the plane, to the picinic table,Norvel fires right up.Seems to be running not too bad,.With plane in hand,throttle up to full power,nose pointed straight up,twist the needle, and get a real nice setting on that,she`s good to go.I didn`t add any fuel to the tank ,I just wanted to do a takeoff,2 laps over head ,and land it.Just wanted to see what she`s like/about.I set the LST.down in the grass,throttle up,she gets to flying speed,lift off"Oh yeah, BABY" All of a Sudden,she`s back down .[:@]At about 3-4 feet up,Mother nature spanks the LST, with a side blast of wind.That gust ,lifted the one wing,droped the other,low wing clips the ground,and she does a cartwheel.[:'(]..I go pick it up,rubber bands did their job.I did find,the 1`st faulty piece of wood,I`m going to have to cal JZ Zinger about warranty for that(1`st prop broke)This is the second one now.There was no other damage, that I could see.I just did the one repair, and Re-fueled,checked the controls everything seemed alright.Kick the tires ,Light the Fires,set the plane down,this time pointing it into that wind, that came pushed the plane and thenleft(Mucho Smart this time).Up to speed ,lift off,(YES).No!!!!.This time she`s rolling over again,at 6-8 feet up. Nose in first,again, another Cartwheel .What the &%$#%@#,no wind this time.I don`t get it.Pick it up again,same thing no aparent damage.Rubber bands,did their job.Back to the Table .Straighten the wing,top up the fuel.TRY, TRY, again.She`s up,flying,ANNNNNd Cartwheel!!!##$$%@^....FLYING and #@@#$%$..At this point ,I`m wondering if it`s me ,I haven`t flown for 2 seasons plus.Am I really, THAT, Rusty,must Be[&o].Go, and pick up ,this poor plane.Ahhh crudShe`s hurt.Came in from 10-12 feet, this last time.Just glad, the Kids didn`t see this Airshow.DARN, Darn,darn..I have to stop for now.I do know exactly what happened and I`ll continue to share the story.Like I said it was faulty wood..I`ll be back around Supper timeish,and then we`ll be caught up to Today, and with what`s up with the Trainer.Same BAT time ,Same BAT channel;NANA NAna nanana na NANa NAna nanana na" BAT MAN"
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Xv65661.jpg
Views:	15
Size:	50.0 KB
ID:	471550   Click image for larger version

Name:	Fa87217.jpg
Views:	12
Size:	51.4 KB
ID:	471551   Click image for larger version

Name:	Jo31783.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	36.1 KB