RCU Forums - View Single Post - Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.
Old 06-04-2006, 07:36 PM
Sethhunter

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Pfalz DIII resources -- Photos, Drawings, Plans, etc.

After a Spring of home renovations I've finally gotten back to the Phalz so I thought I would post a few update shots. The silver-gray paint is Rustoleum aluminum paint. Not gasoline proof, so I plan to top coat with Warbird Colors satin. The guns are Arizona Modelers. Started experimenting with weathering on the guns (hard to see under the low-slung top wing; rust around the firing chamber, some greenish tint to the brass perforated water jacket, exposed steel highligts where the black paint chipped off). I spliced eyes in the rigging wires (1/32" 3x7) rather than using swage fittings (i.e., on the landing gear wires) for a smoother look, and the splices are covered with black heatshrink tubing to simulate the wrapping that appears to cover the splices. I've started working on the Mercedes using a Proctor kit. Hope to start the wings soon. GTM lozenge fabric will cover the wings and tail feathers. Still thinking about the best way to build the wheels, cockpit, radiator, stenciled lettering, etc. Any suggestions are welcom!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Ca82012.jpg
Views:	173
Size:	88.9 KB
ID:	472010   Click image for larger version

Name:	Id95849.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	55.2 KB
ID:	472011   Click image for larger version

Name:	Wb77004.jpg
Views:	141
Size:	46.6 KB