RCU Forums - View Single Post - Ultrafly Ultimate
View Single Post
Old 06-06-2006, 12:02 AM
nitro wing
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default RE: Ultrafly Ultimate

Went out on on Sunday to test a few things.My battery is able to shift a bit ,so the CG is able to change somewhat.I am flying with an APC 11x4.7 that was supplied,which seems to work well.My flying was a little OFF that day,and I had a video camera on me.With a forward CG I was unable to lock into any good Hovers or Harriers,but the video shows that this is a good power combo and with some care in setting up this little Bipe has potential.Ends up that I under and over corrected in a Hover and smacked it in....
It's all fixed now and looks and flies fine.
In fact I flew it 5 times since and the CG is where I like it.It performs much better rounder loops,inverted is sweet looking with a touch of down required.Point Rolls and Knife Edges are looking really good.
I am using an APC 12x6 now,and Hovers are more relaxed with better pull authority.Tailslides are tricky but look really cool,Still rocks the wing in Harrier,but I am certain I can tame this also.Here is the link to the bumpy flight that led to the mishap.I'll make a new video of the imroved flight characteristics in a few days.
Oh and the final weight after repairs with battery(203grams) was 840 grams/30 OZ. RTF. The manaul had a target of 760 grams.I am 80 grams or 2.8 ounces over,but she flies light even with power off.

http://media.putfile.com/WM9_256Kbps_download_NTSC-96