RCU Forums - View Single Post - Top Flite P-47 Gold Ed. in-cowl muffler/header question
Old 06-06-2006, 08:37 AM
Zipperneck
My Feedback: (1)

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Top Flite P-47 Gold Ed. in-cowl muffler/header question

Hello everyone,

I will be starting a Top Flite P-47 Gold Ed. kit and plan to put a Super Tigre G-90 2-stroke engine in it (already have it in hand). I want to install an in-cowl muffler in the beast and have consulted top flite's web site for the relevant information.

The problem is, the information given on the Top Flite site and Tower Hobbies' site is conflicting.

Top Flite suggests the TOPQ7915 in-cowl muffer plus the TOPQ7926 header for Super Tigre G-series engines (the 90 in this case).

I consulted the Tower Hobbies website (http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHY74&P=ML) and they indicate that that in-cowl muffler is "for use on .60-.75 2-Stroke Engines. ** NOT FOR .90 OR LARGER **" and "The muffler is too restrictive for ANY 90 sized engine and will cause overheating problems."

In addition to that, it appears that Tower does not carry the muffler header (TOPQ7926).

Any ideas on what is going on here? And also do any of you have another solution for my SuperTigre G-90 problem?

Thanks,
Zipperneck